The benefits of hiring a company to do the training are that they know the best methods for gathering and analyzing data. This can save a lot of time in the long run because you won’t need to go through a “trial and error” process that can cost you both time and money.
Here are the things a good training program will cover:
- Ethical and legal considerations
- The best methods for research
- Techniques for data analysis
- How to organize the data
- Generating reports
- Standard communication skills
- How to train new members of the competitive intelligence team
- Implementing a strategy
- Utilizing the different research opportunities
- Utilizing a network to communicate findings
It is best to find a company with a proven history of success and one who has a great reputation.