If you search for the term "What Is Competitive Intelligence?" you will find a lot of variying definitions. Instead of building our own definition, we decided to present the different aspects of competitive intelligence.
- Competitive intelligence is a structured approach to gathering, analyzing and communicating data to make informed business decisions. The data that is obtained can be collected from publicly available published or human sources (so-called primary and secondary sources). Any attempts to gather information illegally and unethically may lead to utilizing inaccurate data. (Competia)
Generally out site addresses itself to everybody interested in competitive intelligence. When we planned this website we gave thoughts to the question: "Who might be interested in competitive intelligence?"
- Target Audience
- competitive intelligence professionals
- information professionals
- information specialists
- companies investigating expanding into new markets with new products or acquisitions
- technology development professionals
- independent inventors
- marketing professionals
- state and municipality economic development professionals researching industries and companies they are recruiting
- college marketing classes and job hunters learning more about an industry
- company or market before they file a job application or attend an interview